Unable to use 'Compare' function

Hi,

When I attempt to compare 2 versions of a workflow (names are different), I got a dialog box with a ‘No-entry’ road sign with an OK button. No error message. Where can I get information on the reason why the compare function fails?

Note that this compare function works perfectly with 2 other workflows.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.
Regards,
Claire

Hi Claire,

that’s an interesting question. Would it be possible to share the two workflows? I never had such a problem. But trying different things i managed to get the following result, if one of the workflows is empty
2019-10-17_14h01_07
Is that something like what you have observed?

Cheers,
Mischa

2 Likes

Hi Mischa,
Find attached what I get. Unfortunately, I cannot share the workflows. Is there something I can check in the logs? Where?
Regards,
ClaireerrorSign

Hi Claire,

apologies for a late reply. Is this question still relevant?
I do not know what could be going wrong here. I have asked our experts for help. Could you please reproduce the incident and share the knime log? Let me know, if you need help to find the log file.

Best,
Mischa

Hi Mischa,
Yes it is. I reproduced the problem this morning. Find the extract of the Knime.log from my Knime Client. Let me know if you need more information.
Best,
Claire

extract_KnimeLog.txt (7.6 KB)

Hi,

I do not see anything striking in the log snippet. I see that you use a KNIME Server. Where are the workflows that you compare located (local? on the server?)?
I’ve also pinged our experts to help with an advice, but it might take a while, as everyone is at the KNIME Summit :slight_smile:

The two worflows are in my local repository, not on the servers.
CL

Hi Claire,

there is nothing obvious in the log. Our experts would be interested to see the log with increased verbosity. Could you increase the logging level, reproduce the incident and share the log? If you can not share the workflows, maybe you could share screenshots of them, if they are relatively simple? Or maybe we can get those via PM instead of sharing it publicly on the forum? As a debugging step one can create copies of the workflows and start deleting parts of workflows in the copies and run comparison at each deletion step. This would allow to identify some part of workflow that might be responsible for this feature.

Cheers,
Mischa

Hi Claire, could you share a more verbose log? Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.