Update AWS KNIME Server from 4.7 to 4.8

Hi guys,

We are planning to update our AWS-hosted KNIME Server from version 4.7 to the lastest version 4.8. This is a first time update for me, so I am not experienced with the process. I already found the documentation and installer files here: https://docs.knime.com/2018-12/server_update_guide/index.html

Does this also apply for the AWS marketplace version? Does the server license continue to work after the update even for the AWS version? Anything noteworthy?

Thank you,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The release notes cover all relevant settings that have changed between versions. It is possible to switch the block device that stores the workflow repository to a newer version of the AMI in order to update server versions. However, we haven’t submitted the builds for KNIME Server 4.8 to the AWS Marketplace yet, we will do that sometime in January.

If you want to update now, I would recommend taking a snapshot of your current server state and then following the update guide instructions.

Best,

Jon

Hi @jonfuller,

Thanks for your reply. We manually updated the server (using the update guide instructions) and everything worked as expected.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.