Update failed for component with relative link type

Hi All,

I am getting following error when I try to update component with mountpoint relative link type:

Some Node Link Updates failed
  Unable to check for update on node "test_comp 8:13": Cannot resolve to local file: resource '/Project1/Test/component_relativePath/Project1/Components/test_comp' does not exist

Workflow path: /Project1/Test/component_relativePath
Component path: /Project1/Components/test_comp

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a workflow and component locally
  2. Add component to the workflow with link type as mountpoint-relative
  3. Upload workflow and component to server
  4. Open workflow in the server as Local Copy
  5. Update the component

The real problem is, I am not able to update my components automatically or even manual update. When I make some changes to the component and upload the latest version into the server, I have to manually drag and drop the components. I want to avoid this. And I don’t want to use absolute path since I want the workflow should be able to update irrespective of the execution platform.
I tried to execute the workflow as a job, but the job is also using the old version of the component, not the updated one.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Regards,
Nithin

1 Like

Hi Nithin,
I think the problem is that when you develop the workflow and component locally and create a mountpoint relative link there, the component is linked to the local mountpoint. On the server, the executor mounts the server repository with the server’s default mountpoint ID, so the component cannot be found anymore. What you have to do is when you share the component, share it on the server and not locally and then select to create a mountpoint relative link. This will put the server’s mountpoint ID in the component link and that should work on your executor.
Kind regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Here is the /Project1/Test/component_relativePath workflow:

The source URI in the local component (settings.xml) shows the mountpoint path since I set the link type to mountpoint relative:

But this component could not be updated in the server as mentioned in my first description.

When I try to share the component into server, then there is no option for relative URLs:

When I drag and drop the component from server, then I cannot change the link type:

We want the workflow fetch the component based on the workflow’s mountpoint (in other words mountpoint relative), so we don’t have to update workflows when we want execute in local system or in another server.

Regards,
Nithin

Hi Nithin,
I see, the thing is that you do not want a specific mountpoint, but the one your workflow currently resides in. That makes sense. But now when you open the workflow as a local copy, do you expect it to update using the local component, or the version on the server?
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Hi Alex,

Server version would be the perfect choice.

Regards,
Nithin

Hi Nithin,
I could reproduce the issue and agree that it would be best if the component was updated from the server. I have created a ticket with number AP-16741 for our developers.
Kind regards,
Alex

5 Likes

Hi @nithinth7,
The bug has been fixed and the ticket closed. In the next release KNIME 4.4.2 you should see that it now works as expected.
Kind regards,
Alexander

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.