Updating KNIME Analytics Platform

Hello all!
I want to update my KNIME Platform (version 4.1.4) to the newest version (4.3.3). When I click on “Update KNIME”, I am asked to download it directly from the webpage. Do I have to uninstall my older version first or can I download the newer one additionally to my “older” version as a kind of update? If I have to uninstall and install it again, will all of my workflows and installed extensions be saved and can be used in the newer version?
Thanks for your help!
Stol

1 Like

hello @Stol f you are a windows user. try simply downloading the zip version of KNIME. That way you’ll be able to try out the features of the new version while migrating your workflows.

2 Likes

Going form KNIME 4.1 to 4.3 is not an incremental upgrade, so you’ll need to install the new version from scratch. I don’t know whether it’s necessary to uninstall the previous version, I can’t remember what I usually do.

Workflows are saved in your workspace and won’t be affected. You just need to remember to location of this folder, and specify it when you run the new KNIME for the first time.

You’ll have to re-install all the extensions.

5 Likes

Many thanks for your advices! I forgot to mention that I am a Windows User. I decided to uninstall the old version and install the new one and then linked the KNIME workspace to it. And it works perfectly!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.