Upload/download from Google Cloud Storage

I would like to try to Upload/Download files from Google Cloud Storge buckets. I am having trouble figuring out how to do this. To the best of my knowledge this can not be accomplished using the current Upload/Download nodes in KNIME with a connection node (I could not create a connection node to GCS in the first place). 

What is the best way to accomplish this? Will it require me to write my own nodes for these tasks and if so are there any suggestions on how to go about this? 

Hi,

you are right the existing upload/download nodes only work together with the existing Remote File Connections. However Google Cloud Storage offers a REST API which you could use with the KREST nodes in KNIME.

If you still want to develop your own nodes you can have a look at the Developers section for general information. The classes that need to be implemented for a Remote File Connection are org.knime.base.filehandling.remote.files.Connection and org.knime.base.filehandling.remote.files.RemoteFile which are part of the KNIME File Handling Nodes feature. If you need further help feel free so send me an email via the forum.

Bye

Tobias

Hi @tobias.koetter!

I’m trying to download csv file (it’s content) from Google Cloud Storage and can’t make it. I’m using GET Request node from REST Web Services. That’s the one I should use, right?

And what about Google API Connector node?

Br,
Ivan