Uploading and editing a file by users

Hi,
I’m looking for a way to upload a file by the end user, then i want the program to check if one of the columns is similar to a tree file i have in the system and to mark the unmatched as an error, and then to give the end user the option to change rows of the errors.

Is there a way to do it?

Hi there!

Not really sure what are you trying to achieve so I got couple of questions. How and were is this end user uploading a file? What kind of file is he uploading? All columns must be same in uploaded file and tree file? If there is error end user should be notified and then he should upload again? What are rows of errors?

Shed a little bit of light and someone might help :slight_smile:

Also you placed your question in KNIME Development category which is for KNIME Development and not building KNIME workflows. Unless you want to develop additional functionalities in KNIME which is just fine :wink:

Br,
Ivan

Hi,
Sorry for placing in the wrong section can we move my question to the right place?

About your question, i’m uploading an Excel/CSV file. The problem is that i need the rows to be the same (like in vlookup) an error should occur when their is no matching row in one of the tables.

Hi there!

no problem for wrong section. It can only be a bit misleading. Now it is good.

You are uploading Excel/CSV file into KNIME or somewhere else? All rows need to be identical or in some order or only rows from a certain column? Sry but still I do not get it. Can you maybe try with an example?

Br,
Ivan