Usage linked resources

Hi there,

I’ve found the linked resources entry in the KNIME settings and defined a folder there.

I wanted to use this name in a file list node or CSV reader. However, I have no clue how to reference this linked resource (variable). Can anyone help me here?

Thanks
Marcel

Hi,
KNIME is build on top of the Eclipse Rich Client Platform, which provides the UI and many other features, such as the preference handling. Most preference options that are not in the KNIME category belong to that underlying platform and have no effect on KNIME workflows. I think the linked resources are such an option. If you need to access resources in your workflows, you can use workflow relativ paths like knime://knime.workflow/../data/myfile.csv or mountpoint relative paths like knime://knime.mountpoint/data/myfile.csv or knime://LOCAL/data/myfile.csv.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Thanks Alexander!

May be there is a different way to achieve my goal. We want to read data from a network file share that is mounted differently on our local KNIME installation (connected via Windows Network Drive) compared to the server (where it is mounted into the file system).

The CSV reader for instance requires a file and it is no problem to state the absolut path from Windows in there and do the settings. When the workflow is published to the server we would need the same CSV setting (so the CSV reader must avoid re-scanning the file) and we must replace the file name with the new path. I thought a linked resource would achieve that. But as you said, this obviously does not work.

Is there any best practices around how to solve this in an elegant and straight forward way? (e.g. creating a folder in the Wokspace that points to the network location or so…)

Best regards

Marcel

Hi,
You can add a Local File Browser Configuration to the workflow and use the flow variable it outputs in your CSV Reader. Then in the Execute dialog on the server under the “Configuration Options” tab you can change the file before running the workflow.
Kind regards,
Alexander

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.