User Form in Knime

Hi,

Just started using KNIME.

I have a basic question. Do we have a node which can accept user inputs like the way it happens in an html form?

I have developed a flow which reads a bunch of txt files, loops through them, runs a Rule Engine and then writes to a CSV. Everything works fine.

But we have to input the location of the below 2 in seperate nodes

1. The Bunch of txt files (in List if Files node)

2. The final CSV file in (CSV Writer) 

What i was looking for was to show a form(or a dialog window maybe) which captures both these user inputs at the begining and then passes it along the workflow and use it where ever required.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi singhmanas,

One way to accomplish that:

You install the "quickform" plugin on your KNIME ("File" > "Install KNIME Extensions" > "KNIME Nodes to create KNIME Quick Forms"). This plugin comes along with an execution-wizard which allows you (after adding the corresponding "File Upload" Nodes) to handle them the way you want.

Adding a place for the final file (to my knowledge) is not done that easily. You could make a String-Input-Node with a default value of "C:\Users\[Insert name of User here]\Desktop\FINAL_CSV_FILE" (under Windows), which could be manipulated later on. This would serve as a variable for the CSV-Writer node.

This requires your colleagues to insert a coherent value each time, the form is reset (which needs to be done every time, you want to execute the form).

I hope that helps.

With kind regards,

Gaegamel

Regular User

Hi Gaegamel,

Thanks for the help.

Let me try out what you have suggested.

Regards,

Manas