Using arrays in flowvariables configuration?

Hello,

After updating KAP, I would like to know how we could update this node configuration: 2 flowvariables created by a “Create Tem Dir” node (flowvariables values are just examples)

New Create Temp Folder node has a different configuration with regards to flowvariables:

There aren’t individual value configuration fields for these flowvariables. How am I supposed to enter the values? Using an array? I did some tries without success…

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @jricgar , I also find the lack of (obvious) support for array variable creation, even though they are widely used to be a little bewildering. However, in terms of creating them, one possible mechanism is as follows:

Essentially the List aggregation within GroupBy will create string arrays, and then these can be converted to variables. Now that you’ve mentioned it, I’m going to look today at creating a component to hide the implementation and make it easy to create a String Array variable from a single component-node.

In the meantime, here is a sample workflow. There will be other variations on doing this but the principle will be much the same I’d imagine.

hope that helps

KNIME_array flow variables.knwf (11.7 KB)

3 Likes

This is where I have that horrible feeling that somebody is going to tell me there is already a node that does exactly this, but if there is, I haven’t found it :wink:

I have created a component that allows you to give the name and values for a String Array flow variable.

image KNIME_array flow variables2.knwf (54.1 KB)

You can find it here.

Feel free to take, dissect, throw away or whatever. Feedback, suggestions or any issues found - please let me know.

4 Likes

Great component! Thank you @takbb !!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.