V3.4.0 with Full Extensions cannot be launched on MAC

Hi All,

My OS is macOS V10.12.6. I encountered a problem when I updated my previous KNIME V3.3.2 with full extensions. So I uninstalled the old one and downloaded again. But the issue remained. However, if I only download the simply version without the extensions, KNIME can be launched and work well. But I need to use more modules, like Python, so I still tried to install those extensions, then, the same issue appears again.

There are many errors in the log file, on the top of that, it shows: 

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2017-08-31 11:01:38.409
!MESSAGE [SCR - WorkThread] Timeout occurred! Thread was blocked on processing [QueuedJob] WorkPerformer: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager@4113e3db; actionType 1

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2017-08-31 11:01:38.459
!MESSAGE [SCR] Enabling components of bundle org.eclipse.ui.trace did not complete in 30000 ms 

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 0 2017-08-31 11:01:43.468
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to acquire the state change lock for the module: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="3.12.0.v20160606-1342"; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.core.runtime"; singleton:="true" [id=159] STARTED [STARTED]

I have uploaded the screenshots as well as the log file, if anyone can help me solve it, I will appreciate a lot.

Thanks in advance!

Molly

It seems your computer is rather slow. Usually startup takes between 5 and 10 seconds, in your case more then 30. Then a timeout occurs. You can increase the timeout in the knime.ini file by adding

-Dequinox.statechange.timeout=50000

to the end of the file (the unit is milliseconds). I would also investigate why the startup is so slow in the first place. Under Windows this usually happens if a bad on-access virus scanner is slowing down things.