Value selection quick form

Hi,
I have a question regarding the value selection quick form. I am building a data table used as an entry to this quick form from a list of Excel sheets. This list contains hidden sheets that I filter using a rule-based row splitter. This filter works fine as I do not see the hidden sheets in the data table used as input table to the quick form. Unfortunately, when I run the workflow (either in the client or the knime server), these hidden sheets are still available in the dropdown box. I do not understand this behavior; how can I fix this so that the form displays only a valid list?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards,
Claire

0 Likes

Hi there,

It’s difficult to judge without having the workflow, but in a way sounds familiar. Have you tried using a domain calculator node after the row splitter node in order to recalculate/refresh the metadatas ?

Best regards,
Fabien

2 Likes

Hi,
No I have not tried it. I found a workaround by rebuilding the table with a groupBy (concatenate), Table Row to variable, then a variable to table row, a cell splitter,an ungroup… a little bit cumbersome but it works…
I’ll try your solution to see if it works in my case. Thanks,
Claire

0 Likes

Hi again…,

Your solution works just fine. Much much better - thanks a lot.
Cheers,
Claire

2 Likes

Hi Claire!

The reason these sheets are still available after filtering is because domain information is not automatically refreshed/calculated. As @Fabien_Couprie suggested using Domain Calculator node should help :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

0 Likes