Variables are not reset when I run the workflow in batch mode

Hi
I’m executing the following command:

“C:\Program Files\KNIME\knime.exe” -nosave -consoleLog -noexit -nosplash -reset -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflow.variable=date,“2021-09-01”,String -workflow.variable=report_1,“C:\Users\MyUser\Downloads\data1.xls”,String -workflow.variable=report_2,“C:\Users\MyUser\Downloads\data2.xls”,String -workflow.variable=formated_doc,“C:\Users\MyUser\Downloads\format.xlsx”,String -workflowDir=“C:\Users\MyUser\knime-workspace\KNIME_project”

But when I execute the command, the variables date, report_1, report_2, formated_doc are left with the value that I specified in the application (Knime platform), and I want them to be executed with the value that I am specifying in the command.

Best.
Heissler.

Hi @heissler and welcome to the Knime Community.

If I’m not mistaken, the values you are passing would simulate entering values for workflow variables defined at a global level.

If you say that they “are left with the value that I specified in the application (Knime platform)”, then no matter what you are doing, they are overwritten by what you specified.

If you want to pass the variables the way you are doing, you have to define the variables as workflow variables, which you can access by this sub menu (Right click on the workflow):

4 Likes

Thanks @bruno29a , I was defining the variables with string input node.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.