Version 4.2 Variables not listed in Math Formula (Variable)

There appears to be a regression in Version 4.2 in that variables are no longer listed within the Math Formula (Variable) node. I’ve attached a workflow to demonstrate the problem.

Apologies if I am missing something, but I used to be able to make this work without having to think about it.

Variable test.knwf (1.1 KB)

Hi @DiaAzul -

Looks like your workflow is empty. Can you reupload? I wasn’t able to reproduce this problem in a quick check…

Thanks!

1 Like

Variable test.knwf (8.7 KB)

Apologies. Turns out you need to save the workflow before exporting it. Learnt something new :grin:

Perhaps KNIME needs to check the model has been saved before exporting it, or at least pop up a dialogue to confirm that the model is not saved and, therefore, the most recent change may not be exported.

2 Likes

It appears there aren’t any numeric flow variables being input to the Math Formula (Variable) node - only strings - so it doesn’t have anything to work with. If you use a String Manipulation (Variable) node, you can see the flowvars OK.

Did this work differently before?

3 Likes

Do you have numeric variable on your input? Other variable types will not on the list.

1 Like

@izaychik63 @ScottF

DOH! Thanks for that. It’s time for a holiday, the brain’s already left.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.