version mismatch between Analytics and Executor

I have been just refreshing/updating my Analytics installation, and then when I pushed a workflow I was working on to the server, I got the following error message:

Could not load workflow ‘http://xxx.com:18080/knime/rest/v4/repository/Users/xx/xx:data’: Unable to load workflow '/Users/xx/xx: Unable to load workflow, it was created with a future version of KNIME (4.2.1.v202009020915). You are running 4.2.1.v202008251157.

Where do I find an upgraded version of the Executor? and how I can install it on the server?

Glad to be answering my own question… The solution is to simply log in on the Knime server, fire up the Knime application (from the Knime Executor directory), as the local Analytics Platform client, and the use File/Update Knime… to upgrade the Executor. Best to shutdown the server and hence the executor before doing so, so that no file is locked while doing the upgrade. Once that’s done, start the server and Executor over, and you’re done.

It would be nice to have an Admin workflow to trigger that upgrade remotely so that logging on the server would not be required. Just a suggestion :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great to hear you figured this out yourself! :slight_smile:

How can we find the KNIME Executor version in Linux

I assume that you are running a headless system. Then just execute a

find -name 'org.knime.core_*'

within the executors install directory. Take the maximum of the listed version numbers.

1 Like