Visual Layout Editor not opening

Hey all,

I am trying to follow the steps outlined here, but every time I interact with the Visual Layout Editor button, nothing happens. I made sure I am in a component and I even excecuted KNIME as an admin but nothing helped. Is anyone else having this problem?

Best,
Morris

Hi @Morris_Kurz

the visual layout editor should only be available, if your component contains nodes with interactive views (e.g. Bar Chart) or widgets (see visual_layout_editor.knwf (12.8 KB) ).

If this does not work for you, could you let me know which version of KNIME Analytics Platform you are using and what your operating system & version is?

Kind regards
Marvin

3 Likes

Hey @marvin.kickuth,

thank you for your example, it helped me work out where the problem is. It turns out that if you develop your own node, and it does not have an icon, the visual layout editor does not work.

Best,
Morris

Hi Morris,

I’m happy you found a solution! And thank you for sharing your findings. That’s a very weird behavior; I’ll try to reproduce it and get back to the developers to check whether that’s intended or a bug.

Have a great week
Marvin

1 Like

Hi Morris,

I thought I should let you know: this is indeed a bug, and we will work on fixing it in a future update (though I don’t know by when). Thanks again for spotting this and I hope you found a fitting icon as a workaround for now. :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Marvin

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.