wait node for file pattern

Hi All,

I am using the wait node and using wait for file option in it…
if I am using hardcoded path along with file name it is working fine
path: C:\Users\DELL PC\Desktop\TEST\abc.txt
but If i am giving some pattern for that it is failling by saying illegal character and variable I am using is
path: C:\Users\DELL PC\Desktop\TEST\*abc.txt

Can we resolve this issue? I cant give hardcoded path I just want to give pattern.

Hello @sahil786,

Wait… node doesn’t accept wildcards in file path. You can either use multiple Wait… nodes in case you know what to expect in file name either take a look at this topic where folder is monitored:

Br,
Ivan

How to implement multiple wait node??

Hello @sahil786,

ok. my bad :sweat_smile: To make it work you would have run same set of nodes after each Wait… node. Easiest would be to put those nodes in separate workflow and use Call Workflow (Table Based) node after each node.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin ,

Sorry I am not able to collect it, my requirement is pretty simple ,I am using your component only wait for file in folder ,but in that wait node u r using wait for time option as 5 second , instead of it i want to use wait for file option and want to wait for the same file which are passing in LIST FILES node with pattern,How can we achieve this by using same set of nodes? :grimacing: :grimacing:

Hello @sahil786,

correct. In wait node time option is set to 5 seconds but that is because node is inside loop which will run until wanted files appear in List Files/Folders node. Component has just been updated so give it a try. Should do exactly what you need.

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.