WARN KNIPLogService

Hi,

When starting Knime I get the following warning in the console:

WARN KNIPLogService 2 exceptions occurred during plugin discovery.
WARN Create File Name 1:5:9 Selected directory ‘/tmp/knime_tc_cgctffp4fscc’ cannot be accessed!
WARN Create File Name 1:6:9 Selected directory ‘/tmp/knime_tc_tnwnd7fohwgq’ cannot be accessed!
WARN Create File Name 1:7:9 Selected directory ‘/tmp/knime_tc_tjz93sybaoqi’ cannot be accessed!
WARN Create File Name 1:8:9 Selected directory ‘/tmp/knime_tc_ctixcwjy6sqe’ cannot be accessed!
WARN Create File Name 1:10:9 Selected directory ‘/tmp/knime_tc_jazy6hifzfmz’ cannot be accessed!
WARN Create File Name 1:11:9 Selected directory ‘/tmp/knime_tc_ks8m6hfibylx’ cannot be accessed!

My impression is that this does not affect functionality or performance, but I am just curious what it means and how to fix this. I have full permissions to /tmp so don’t really understand why this happens.

Thanks/Evert

Hi @evert.homan,

This was caused by a missing dependency, if you update your KNIP Plugin you should see that message disappear. If not please let me know.

I assume your workflow contains something like the following: Selection_023
an you are setting the directory in the Create File Name nodes via the flow variable. When you open the workflow at a later time the created temporary folder might not be available anymore and you get such an error. This node is intended for short lived directories, so you can not rely on them staying available for long.

best,
Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

How do I update this KNIP Plugin?

Cheers/Evert

You seem to have the nightly version of KNIME Image Processing installed, upon restarting the KNIME Analytics Platform you should be prompted for an update. We are currently preparing the release of KNIME 3.6 so the KNIP nightly only works with the KNIME nightly build.

Anyway you can ignore this warning safely, it should have no further effect on your KNIME usage.
best,
Gabriel

I uninstalled the nightly version and installed the regular nodes. The warning has now disappeared (I like to keep a clean sheet :slight_smile:

Thanks/Evert

1 Like

Hi @gab1one and @evert.homan_scilifelab.se I also have the same problem and I have the normal 3.6 version of KNIME.

Can you please explain how to reinstall the KNIP Plugins? They show to be broken in my system.

Thanks in advance,

AG

Hi,

I have the latest version of Knime running and not seen this problem recently. Probably best to upgrade by reinstalling everything…

1 Like