Web Portal's "Next" page botton

Hello,

I have a problem finding what event/function triggers web portal/workflow to continue to the next page. Basically, what I am trying to do is, in the generic javascript view node to make a clickable navigation menu that updates flow_variables (already working) and triggers “go to next page” (click the next button at right bottom)

I’ve red couple post suggesting “parent.document.querySelector(’.knime-step-next-button’)” and trigger event on this object, but for me, this selection fails. Result of it is null/undefined.

Any hints what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,
Are you using the new or the old WebPortal? The solution I gave before here in the forum was for the old WebPortal. It also depends on the number of nested components your Generic JS View is in.
Kind regards,
Alexander

Thanks for the your response. It is the new WebPortal, it came with 4.2.2 KNIME update. The Generic JS Views are in the components, in the workflow’s/project’s top layer. I tend to try to avoid nesting …

Thanks again

Hi,
in that case you can use this:

parent.document.querySelector('.right-button-subcontainer .button.primary').dispatchEvent(new Event('click'));

However, BIG DISCLAIMER! This might change at any time. It queries the button using quite generic CSS classes and in the future there might theoretically be a similar button with the same classes that could be triggered instead. It does work now, but don’t count on it forever.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Thank you, it worked beautifully :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.