Web View output after Schedule Job on the server

Hello,

I have a workflow where the output will be displayed on the webbrowser as a Java Table and a Java BarPlot.

If I run the Workflow manually every executed Job have a Table and a Chart, only if I run the job scheduled on the server the result is successfully but no java table and no barchart were plotted.
Do you have a suggestion to solve this problem?

Thank you,
Roberto

Hi Roberto,
Maybe I don’t understand, but the JavaScript views in KNIME can only be displayed “live” if you execute the workflow via the WebPortal. If you schedule the workflow it is executed in the background without any UI. If you want to save the visualizations, you can use their image output port (the table view does not have one, though) and a Image Writer (Port) to save the visualization as a SVG image to disk.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Hi Alexander,

many thanks for the help. That was exactly my Problem. I didn’t understand that there is a difference between live execution and background execution.

Thank you and Regards,
Roberto

Hi Roberto,
If you want to create visualizations in a scheduled job, you can also use the KNIME Reporting Runtime to create an HTML or PDF file. Data to Report and Image to Report come in handy here.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like