WebPortal execution errors-out due to Oracle Db connection issue

I have a workflow that is making a call to an Oracle database; it works fine upon local execution, but when I move this to Knime Server, it errors-out upon execution in the WebPortal, with the following message:

There are messages for workflow "eln_diagnostic_chemeln_v0.1 2018-03-05 13.48.20"
Database Connector 0:5 - ERROR: Execute failed: Could not create connection to database: Could not find driver class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

So, two questions:

1. Does Knime Server really not come equipped with the oracle drivers?

2. If yes, how do I add them to the Server?

3. If no, what am I doing wrong?

Oracle drivers do need to be added separately. Install Oracle Instant Client on the server machine and then follow the instructions in the KNIME server manual for setting up / exporting the KNIME preferences .epf file so it contains the path to the ojdbcX.jar file. On older versions of KNIME server you should also set the Database timeout to something greater than the default (e.g. 30 sec) to get around database timeout issues. Note that changes to the preferences file won’t take effect until the KNIME server service has been restarted.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.