WF execution

Hello,
is there any way i can create dependencies between workflows ?
l want to execute wf2 after the wf1 has executed The wf2 should be automatically kicked off when the wf1 completes execution as I run the wf1 from the server I want this process to happen. Wf2 should automatically get executed when i execute wf1.
Thanks.

Hi @pruthvi1286,

You can do this by using a separate workflow, from which you call those two WFs in the correct sequence. This is done with the Call Workflow nodes: https://hub.knime.com/knime/nodes/Call_Workflow_Table_Based*M66aoaj-gqFbGR5j

https://hub.knime.com/knime/workflows/Examples/06_Control_Structures/07_Workflow_Orchestration/02_Call_Workflow_and_REST/04_call_workflow_(Table)*CvRG7GQ-SDCIVgMe

Cheers,
Roland

Thanks @RolandBurger

I used a value selection node in the WF, so that i can run the WF based on an input. But now I see that i am not able to select that in the run time. Is there any quick form node - upon executing the wf , the form opens up and i can pass value in the run time.
Thanks.

Hi @pruthvi1286,

Just to confirm that I understood you correctly: Before executing the Job on KNIME Server (started from the client), you want a pop up allowing you to select the parameter?

That is currently not supported by quickform nodes. For the time being, you’ll have to work with Workflow Variables. To do so, right-click local workflow -> Workflow Variables -> Add -> Enter name and default value.

Then upload to KNIME Server. The next time you try to execute this workflow, there will be a pop up asking for the variable values. The Workflow Variables can be used just like any flow variable in the workflow.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Roland

Thanks @RolandBurger

Is there any way to create a drop down for a work flow variable ?
Like for a workflow variable department, i need to have a drop down with values (a,b,c,d)
Thanks

That is not possible unfortunately - you’ll have to manually enter the values. Seems what you are looking for would be better suited for a WebPortal application. Do you have a specific reason why you don’t want to use the WebPortal for this?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.