What happened to "Relative to" option (Excel Reader and Writer)

Hi Knimers,

I am working on mac (Version KNIME 4.1.1) and I have no longer have the option to select “Relative to” when working with the excel reader and writer nodes.

The option still appears in the node description and old workflows where i used this option are working as normal. However, when i drag new a excel reader/writer to the workflow i cannot select the option. Please help!

Existing node on old workflow:

New node on old workflow:

It went to a farm upstate but might be back someday.

5 Likes

Hi there @andrew_crockett,

you can use Custom URL option with KNIME protocol (knime://knime.workflow/...) for now. Node description will be updated.

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

@ipazin Except that Custom URL does not appear to work when you attempt to overwrite files: “Execute failed: Deleting files is not supported for custom URLs”

Hi there @cpa99dcs,

hmmm… Just tried it out (both Excel Writer and Appender) and works fine on my laptop. I have latest KNIME version - 4.1.2. Which one are you using?

Is there anything specific about your workflows/node configuration? Can you maybe share workflow which isn’t working for you with some dummy Excel files?

Br,
Ivan

I’m on v4.1.1, so I will try updating first. I had the same issue with CSV writer but perhaps they have been fixed already

@ipazin It is fixed in v4.1.2.

4 Likes

Hi @cpa99dcs,

yep it is. Just checked changelog and there it is listed:
AP-13659: Excel Writer fails to write to Custom URL when “Overwrite existing file” is selected

https://www.knime.com/changelog-v41

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @ajc and @cpa99dcs!

With new, 4.2.0 version, Relative to option is back.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like