Where can I edit the Executor Config File

Hello,

I am using Knime Server on Ubuntu, on an AWS EC2.

I would like to edit some parameters of my Knime executor config. ( ie. change RAM amount & increase Python Timeout )

Could you please help me understand:
1/ What file should I edit:

• /opt/knime-latest/knime.ini
    or
  • /srv/knime_server/knime-rmi.ini

2/ Is there any way to introspect - from inside a workflow, from the portal or from the logs - what configuration is applied on the executor?
I know that the webportal Administration page shows the Server configuration, but I don’t know where to find the executors configuration.

Thanks in advance,
Sébastien

Hello Sébastien,

please use the /opt/knime-latest/knime.ini file to apply changes to the knime executor configuration.

There is at the moment no way to show the configuration of the executor/s beside parsing the mentioned knime.ini file.

Best regards,
Micha

Thank you very much.

Can you please tell me what is the other file for? ( /srv/knime_server/knime-rmi.ini )

Best regards,
Sébastien

Hello Sébastien,

the knime-rmi.ini is only for internal purposes, configuration can’t be done there, it will be overwritten regularly.

Best regards,
Micha

Hello,

If /opt/knime-latest/knime.ini is the only ini file that matters for the executor, what is /srv/knime_server/config/knime.ini for, and why does the update guide insist on maintaining it? ( cf https://docs.knime.com/2019-12/server_update_guide/index.html#application-server , step 6 )

Thanks in advance!

Hello Sébastien,

Thanks for your question. Copying/creating the config file /srv/knime_server/config/knime.ini is optional. It will be used in case you update the executor as its new configuration. We will revise the update guide and clarify this.

Best regards,
Micha

1 Like