Widget Nodes: CSS Editor

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to move the position of the input box when using a string widget input. Currently the box has a default position underneath the label and I would like to move it to the right of the label.

I also have a question regarding the CSS editor node. It seems that the ‘.knime-qf-title’ function does not have any effect on any of the widget nodes. In particular I am trying to center the label.

Best,
Danielle

Hello,

It is not possible to move the position of the input box from String Widget input as there is no configuration for it. It may be possible to submit a Feature Request to support@knime.com if you would like to request it.

It is difficult to answer without knowing if you are using the legacy widget or the new widget UI. Custom CSS only works in legacy mode, so none of the css would be applied if it wasn’t using that mode.
(In 4.3 and beyond it’s off by default, so CSS is not supported by default because we have the new styles.)
Just to be clear - this is just in regards to Widget styling with CSS. The CSS editor still works the same for JS view nodes.

https://docs.knime.com/2020-12/analytics_platform_components_guide/index.html#legacy-flag

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Nickolaus

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me! Just to confirm I am referring to the new widget UI’s. I am a little unclear what you mean by “new styles”.

So for example if my goal is to center a string widget label would I do this by inserting html code in the advanced composite view layout section? Or is the better option to continue with the CSS editors and switching over to legacy mode?

Best,
Danielle

1 Like

Hello,

By “new styles” we mean that we rewrote the widget UI to look nice instead of using native browser input elements.

We recommend option (b), “continue with the CSS editors and switching over to legacy mode”.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Nickolaus

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.