Workflow Coach ERROR: "No node recommendation available"

After a recent update of KNIME 3.2, the Workflow Coach feature will no longer work and returns an error message of "No node recommendation available" when KNIME is loaded up.

Attempts at fixing the problem by resetting the Workflow Coach Preferences > Workflow Coach > Update Now > Apply returns the following error in the console:

ERROR WorkflowCoachPreferencePage 
Can't load the requested node recommendations: Unexpected end-of-input within/between OBJECT entries
 at [Source: sun.nio.ch.ChannelInputStream@13cdee45; line: 85604, column: 897]
 at [Source: sun.nio.ch.ChannelInputStream@13cdee45; line: 85604, column: 5] 
 (through reference chain: org.knime.core.node.NodeFrequencies["frequencies"]->java.util.ArrayList[7781])

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

Hi Paul,

sorry about that. I just tested this with the most recent version on our server and it is working (However we updated it every monday morning...)

Could you try to update the file again and let me know if this is working?

Thank you! Iris

Hi Iris,

Interesting. The observed error occurred with the September 5 update.  The September 12 update (today) seems to work just fine.

Paul

Workflow coach is not working correctly. I downloaded the new version but still receive the following error:

ERROR WorkspaceRecommendationsPreferencePage Can’t load the requested node recommendations: Illegal character ((CTRL-CHAR, code 0)): only regular white space (\r, \n, \t) is allowed between tokens
at [Source: (sun.nio.ch.ChannelInputStream); line: 1, column: 2]

Hi @Burg

Please open a new topic for this,this is not related.