Workflow Hub shows all present workflows and not just those the user is allowed to see

Hi,

I was wondering why a user can see in the KNIME HUB all workflows (Version 4.7.3). There is even the working option to download them. Only opening in the Webportal is denied. As I just learned, the HUB should show only the workflows the user has the right to see. I would prefer it this way.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

The Workflow Hub respects all user permissions, so only workflows that have read permissions are visible to users. Please review the workflow permissions (note also group and world permissions) in the KNIME Explorer to confirm. Explorer workflows visible to a user will match Hub workflows visible to a user. That is slightly different to WebPortal workflows which are only visible with Read and Execute permissions.

Best,

Jon

Hi Jon,

thank you for the quick answer. I just checked and found out that the folders/workflows who caused the confusion have a setting world (read). They took it from the root setting, to allow to see folders at all. What I dont understand is why there is a difference between Hub and Workflow explorer. I would have expected that if the world feature behaves that way that any user would see the folder and workflows then in the normal webportal as well. Thats why I misunderstood the Hub behavior.

Best,
Lars

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.