workflow project opening problem

Hi,

I can’t see my workflow project at the screen. Project is opening because I can see it at Outline.
Could you please help me?

Hi,

it seems that for some reason your workflow editor isn’t shown.
Have you tried a restart of KNIME Analytics Platform or resetting the perspective (View -> Reset Perspective…)?
Did you get any error message on startup?

Cheers,
Moritz

Hi,

Yes, I’ve tried many times but nothing changes, and I didn’t get any error messages.

Hi,

could you pm me your knime.log file, which can be found under < knime-workspace >/.metadata/knime/knime.log.
Furthermore, have you tried to re-download KNIME Analytics Platform and use that one?

Cheers,
Moritz

knime.zip (443.8 KB)

Hi Moritz,

No, I haven’t re downloaded the programme. I hope, we can solve the problem without re-downloading.

Hi,

indeed no error in the log as I suspected. Could you also try the following:

Cheers,
Moritz

Hi Moritz,

I have done it but it did not work. Knime has been opened with the same problem.

I have created new KNIME workflow and I got attached errors.

Hi,

then the best solution I could currently come up with would be to re-download KNIME Analytics Platform. You can also re-use the workspace that you are currently using, either by providing the location when you can choose it on the startup or within KNIME Analytics Platform File -> Switch Workspace -> Other….
I’ve also checked your error log but it seems that there are only warnings.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Moritz

If you want to try something else before re-downloading, quit KNIME and then delete the file .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi in your workspace directory; then, re-start KNIME to see if you have your editor again.

1 Like

Hi Moritz,

I re-download KNIME but still it can’t work properly. How can I solve the problem?

Have you tried switching to a new workspace?

yes but nothing changed. It doesn’t work.

The end of the log you provided in the ZIP file shows something going wrong with the display (‘a deadlock in SWT’.) It also shows that you’re running 3.7.1 instead of 3.7.2.

Could you make sure you’ve downloaded 3.7.2 from the KNIME website? After downloading and running it for the first time, make a new workspace; once KNIME has fully started up, please quit it and then create another ZIP of the logs from the new workspace (both <knime workspace>/.metadata/.log and <knime workspace>/.metadata/knime/knime.log)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.