Workspace specification on Linux

Hi!

I’m running workflows on Linux through command line. No GUI installed. I noticed when workflow is started the workspace is created - if it is not created already. What I want is to specify workspace location. I tried with osgi.instance.area and osgi.instance.area.default which I placed in knime.ini file but did not managed.

Is knime.ini file the right place to specify workspace? Is it able to specify workspace when starting workflow?

Br,
Ivan

Simply pass -data <workspace> on the command line.

Hi!

tnx.
I did it with -data but still wondering is it possible to set it in some configuration file?

Also is there a list of attributes I can pass on command line?

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,
take a look at this faq entry: https://www.knime.com/faq#q12 it describes what options you can use.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

Hi @gab1one,

I haven’t specified second question good enough seems. I’m aware of those arguments and you get every argument with knime -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION​ as stated in FAQ. But e.g. -data argument is not there. So with my question I meant is there such list of argument that can be passed on command line? I guess those are Eclipse standard arguments or?

Br,
Ivan