Write data into PostGIS

Hi!

I’m geocoding some addresses with Geopy, creating Points from the 2D coordinates (from Geopy in Python Script node), however when I try to write the data into PostGIS, the node (“write/update” from Geospatial Operations) doesn’t write the data. Here is the data and the process:

Any idea about how to solve it?

Hello @lisandro ,

• What operating system is your KNIME client software running on?
  • What version of KNIME Analytics Platform (AP) is being used?
  • Are you able to provide logs for the time period covering this issue?
  • I see that the “Create Point from 2D Coordinates” node is from [1], but I am unclear on the source of the “Writer/Update” node 466 - can you clarify the source of that node?

I look forward to helping you resolve this issue!

Regards,
Nickolaus

[1] Create Point from 2D Coordinates – KNIME Hub

1 Like

Hello @NDekay !

Thank you for your support!

Here we go:

• What operating system is your KNIME client software running on? Windows 10. My PosgreSQL is v12, and PostGIS v 3.0.0
  • What version of KNIME Analytics Platform (AP) is being used? 4.6.3
  • Are you able to provide logs for the time period covering this issue? No error log is exhibited. And the message “WARN Writer/Update 5:466 Error while adding row #2 (Row0), reason: ERROR: unexpected end of data (at offset 0)” is showed for all the rows I’m trying to add to Postgis
  • I see that the “Create Point from 2D Coordinates” node is from [1], but I am unclear on the source of the “Writer/Update” node 466 - can you clarify the source of that node? Python Script which geocodes the addresses.

Please find attached the workflow with a sample of what I’m trying to do.

Help Postgis.knwf (28.3 KB)

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello,

Into a relatively “clean” copy of AP 4.6.3, I installed all the Python script nodes I could (to ensure I had the correct one to match your workflow).
I also installed the KNIME Spatial Processing Nodes, but I am still missing “Database Connector” and “Write/Update”.

If you click on those nodes, and look on the right hand panel, at the bottom of that pane you should see what extension they are part of.
For example, the “Create point from 2d coordinates” shows:

You see in the lower right it is part of KNIME Spatial Processing Nodes by EIFER.
What does it say for the nodes marked MISSING in my copy?

Thank you,
Nickolaus

1 Like

Hello @NDekay

The info appears as This node is contained in Geo-Node extension for KNIME Workbenchprovided by OSA.
This node is found at PostGIS operations — NodePit

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.