xls read flow variable worksheet

how can I use a flow variable on xls reader to choose the worksheet?

Hi,

If you have the sheet name as flow variable, you can go to the Flow Variables tab of the Excel Reader settings. There, you can use the SHEET_NAME parameter to point to the flow variable.

Cheers,

Roland

Hi Roland - thanks for the reply, but that doesn't work. The node will not close unless a spreadsheet is entered and the worksheet can be seen and is chosen. Entering it in the flow variables tab has no impact if the spreadsheet is not accessible. 

I think my problem is that I'm working on a Windows laptop and saving the workflow to a knime linux server. So when I use linux syntax in the spreadsheet variable, the node can't find it because I'm working from my desktop. Can't find the spreadsheet, so can't see the worksheets, so gives an error and won't close the node. 

Thanks for clarifying. In that case, you should make use of the knime:// protocol for file paths instead of local paths. Please have a look here for how to do this: https://www.knime.com/knime-introductory-course/chapter2/section1/absolute-and-relative-paths-knime-protocol

Cheers,

Roland