XSLT Error

Hi
I am trying to process some xml with XSLT.
I have tested the XSLT externally to Knime by writing the XML to a file and processing that file with the same XSLT using Saxon 6.5.5, which is the last XSLT1.0 version of Saxon.But in Knime
It works.

But in Knime, I just get an execution failure with
ERROR XSLT 0:41 Execute failed: java.lang.NullPointerException

This is my project

It reads JSON from a URL, converts to XML, Reads XSLT from a URL, pipes the xml and xslt into the XSLT node, and fails there.

Any suggestions on how to gt this working?

Hi @feargal -

Could you upload the workflow itself here so I can try to replicate the problem (hopefully with some JSON and XML dummy data as well)?

I have uploaded the workflow.
The source files use URLs so no need to attach them.

Its a big file - taking a long time to upload - does it have copies of all the data in there?
The upload has failed.
OK lets put it on one of my websites
https://www.portinfo.co.uk/xslt/CIAData.knwf

Thanks for the sample workflow. Let me ask internally and see if I can get some help on this one.

Sorry for the delayed response here. My best guess is that there’s something strange going on in the incoming stylesheet - this can sometimes cause NullPointerExceptions in the subsequent XSLT node. We do have an existing ticket for this bug (AP-4183) and I have added a +1 on it from you.

Sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.