01_Stocks

This workflow takes as input a list of stock symbols from Yahoo Finance. Afer some preprocessing to determine the date range, this information is sent to the pandas webreader library (through the Python Source node) to collect (near) realtime stock information. The information is sent to the modelling workflow (through the Call Workflow node) where feature creation, model estimation and prediction takes place for each stock symbol. This workflow collects the predictions and the reliability of the model and displays the expected percentage change in value for each stock symbol visually. Note: To use this workflow you need to have Python and the following libraries installed on your machine: -pandas as pd -pandas-datareader -datetime

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kni.me/w/BbkpJoYEXRj5S34p
1 Like

Hello, this looks fun, thanks for posting.

I’m curious about the “modeling workflow” because it does not appear to be available. It would be cool to understand more about the python, without having to download the workflow, and I believe a lot of people will be able to gain value from this by being able to read the code associated to the solution.

Hope this feedback helps.

Best, T

Hi everyone,
hoe this discussion is still maintained! I gave this workflow a try. I duly set up a python environment with the required modules and packages and connected knime with this env. However, the workflow finally breaks at the “IF Switch” node which on the upper connector only provides variables but no data and leads to an Inactive Port Object.
If anyone can help, this would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Thomas

Hello @ThG2020,

have you downloaded modelling workflow as well? In such cases where either there are multiple workflows or data is not within workflow it is best to download entire folder. See bottom picture:

If you have it and workflow is still failing on IF Switch node do you get any error message?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Igor, thanks for your reply. I have indeed not instelled the modelling workflow. I cannot locate your screenshot. I found the 01_Stocks workflow here: 01_Stocks – KNIME Hub. I’m missing the link to the modelling wf there.
Anyhow, I have managed to get this running without. But if you can share a link to to the modelling workflow, I will give it a try.
Thanks again,
Brgds
Thomas

Ivan! Sorry for getting the name wrong!

1 Like

Hello @ThG2020,

all fine :slight_smile:

You’ll find modelling workflow if you go one folder up. To do that simply click on 58_Stock-Modeling when on 01_Stocks workflow. See picture:

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan, found it!
Thanks
Thomas

2 Likes

Glad to hear that Thomas!
Ivan