1 click excel writer

Hi all,

Is it possible to run all excel writers with only one button?
So in the below case you need to excecute all excel writers one by one, but would be very handy if there were only one button.

All excel writers refer to the same document, but a different sheet :slight_smile:

What I am looking for:

Kr,

what you are lokking for could be the

But if you want to maintain a specific order and not try to access the same file at once it makes sense to use the Flow Variables to structure the task.

https://docs.knime.com/latest/analytics_platform_flow_control_guide/index.html

https://www.knime.com/nodeguide/control-structures/flow-variables

1 Like

@belewa also I think you can add all sheets at the same time with one node (in the lower left you can add more sheet input ports)

3 Likes

Works perfect. Less is more :slight_smile: Thanks!

By any chance: is there a similar possibility to start reading in all files with only one click as well?

This seems not to be possible imo.
All readers refer to a wildcard and the same folder.
However would be cool to only have to manually get the correct files in the folder and then click once instead of resetting all these read ins.

Kr,

1 Like

The desire to import Excel in all form is one of the most asked questions in KNIME. I put together a collection about possible ways to import all sorts of Excel files.

The new reader would allow it to load all files and sheets from one location (including sub-folders) if they follow the same pattern. Yo can define filters which names and extensions or folders to use.

3 Likes

If your main goal is to avoid extra clicks, you could also just collapse your readers (or writers) into a metanode, and then just reset / re-execute that metanode as needed to run all included nodes simultaneously.

3 Likes

I agree with @ScottF; the easiest way to implement what you’re asking for is to nest the writers inside a metanode or component.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.