4.2 Missing Hive Connector... All big data extensions already installed

Hi!
I’ve installed KNIME 4.2 and have installed extensions from a local .zip archive. Unfortunately, KNIME can’t seem to find the Hive Connector, even though all Big Data extensions have been installed.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4.2 multiple times with zero luck.

I’ve also tried adding -clean to the end of the knime.ini file and it also has not made a difference.

When I tell KNIME I want to search for missing extensions, it says:

And here is the error log:
errorlog.log (627.3 KB)

Thanks for your help!

Hello @Snowy,

seems like known issue with 4.2.0. Are other nodes from same extension also missing from Node Repository?

Br,
Ivan

@ipazin I remember seeing other connector nodes such as H2, but I didn’t look specifically, as Hive is the only one I actually need. What’s also strange is the first time I installed 4.2 I didn’t have this issue. I needed to roll back due to compatibility with my R script, and when I upgraded to 4.2 again, it can’t find the Hive node…

Hi @Snowy,

H2 Connector is not in Big Data Extension so isn’t affected. Seems you are doing a lot of installation but maybe a new one can help if first time this issue wasn’t observed…

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin
I reinstalled 4.2, installed the big data extensions, and it looks like none of them are showing up:

Hi @Snowy,

yep. I see. Someone will update the topic once there is fix available.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @Snowy,

if you have updated to newest KNIME version, 4.2.1, you should see Hive connector.

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

I’ve updated and all nodes are there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.