A general question

Hello, I would love to submit you a general question: can be Knime used for budgeting analysis?
Thank you in advance.

Hi there @mariuccio,

welcome to KNIME Community! Believe so but best would be if you can give some analysis example with sample data. This way you can get concrete help.

If any questions feel free to ask.

Br,
Ivan

For example, we have some data in excel sheet with numbers…we need to analyze these data, for example: we want to calculate % of a certain amount in relation with other (and if it exceed a certain %, it alerts the system)
p.s.: sorry for my horrible english

1 Like

Hi @mariuccio,

I see and understand (your English is just fine). You can easily import data with Excel Reader (XLS), then calculate whatever numbers you need from it (complexity of calculations/analysis mostly depends on your Excel structure and analysis itself) and finally write down results in new/existing Excel file or create report from it and/or alert with Send Email node if some % are exceeded.

You can explore workflow examples on KNIME Hub. You can start with this one for example:

If any related questions feel free to ask in this topic or start a new one.

Hope this helps!

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

thank you very much but, apart from workflows, can i create automatic calculous system?

Hi @mariuccio,

the KNIME way of working is that you have to create workflow. Now, once workflow is created you need to start it in order to perform what it was build for. Analysis in your case.

Hope this answers your question.

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.