Add cell value based on condition

Hi guys,
I know the subject was brought up many times but I couldn’t find a solution so far. First of all, I am a noob, very basic Knime user and don’t know java or python programming ( if that is the issue, let me know, area for improvement identified ,-)

I have a template (currently as an Excel table) that I must integrally copy/paste in an instrument once populated. I’d like to automatize that population, by retrieving the data to add in a dictionary. The problem is that only a portion of the initial template file needs to be queried and the cell values modified. Yet I want to keep the initial template as it is…

To make the request clearer, here is a tentative representation of what I mean:

Cell replacer doesn’t work, joiner could but need some workaround ( chop up the upper/lower part of the template, joining on the part only containing values to be found, concatenating the 3 parts afterwards). I think there is more elegant than that and on top of that, this is not applicable to every template.

Thanks for your help, support and suggestion(s)

Hello @Chris_F,

this is a job for Cell Replacer node followed by Column Merger. With Cell Replacer you’ll add new column and with Column Merger node you’ll merge that new and existing column.

There is no option to apply condition only to part of column. Please don’t open multiple topics for same issue.

Br,
Ivan

Sorry, it took some time before it appears…that’s why I reposted it

Hello @Chris_F,

no problem. It’s not a big issue it’s just easier to keep track of topics :wink:

Anyways have you managed to solve your problem with nodes I proposed? If still having troubles I can create workflow example and share to see what I had on my mind.

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.