Add New Rows to Table Component

I am trying to develop a workflow to run on the KNIME Web Portal.

It starts with a blank table with one row.

• The user needs to be able to add some number of new rows to the table.
  • They also should be able to enter their data into this table.
  • I want them to be able to enter data in the table and add new rows in any order.

Using the Read/Write Table in this workflow was the only way I could get it to work the way I wanted (within the component). But when I click next to get to the last component (just displaying the final table) it reruns the component and creates a blank table with the number of rows corresponding to the “new-rows” variable from the Integer Widget (whatever the last value was in the widget). How can I get the Table Editor (JavaScript) node to pass out the edited version instead?

Am I going about this in totally the wrong way? Any guidance is appreciated.

Add Rows to Editable Table.knwf (35.2 KB)

Thanks,
Troy

Hey Troy,

I had a look at your workflow. I was able to implement it by having the writer node outside of the component. The only issue now is that the workflow automatically re-adds the number of empty rows at the end of the execution, but at least is able to store the rest of the data correctly.

Let me know if this is of any help.

Here you can find the version I implemented: Refresh Button Understanding.knwf (103.1 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks Michelle, that did the trick!

All I did was add a Row Filter at the end to chop off the extra rows created at the end and I get out the table I want.

Refresh Button Understanding (2).knwf (41.4 KB)

Thanks,
Troy

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.