Adding multiple sheet, multiple excel files in a same place

Hi All,

I thought of a problem , many might find absurd but lets find for a solution.
I have 3 different excel file, each contain 6 sheet. The file name is different, the sheet names are different but the data structure, column types are same.
I want to append the files into one place.

Now attaching a picture where I have made 2 module -

1. Module 1 - reading all excel files from a directory and appending it into a same sheet
  2. Module - reading all sheets from an excel file and appending it into a same place.

Any thoughts editing or adding into any of the 2 module can help me achieve the result.

Hi @Abhisek_M,
what is the problem with the second workflow? At first glance this looks like the correct way to do it.
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi Alexander
I have tried, the 2nd workflow is just picking the first file and reading all sheets of that file only.

Hi,
have you set up the flow variables in the configuration correctly? The URL flow variable needs to be used in Read Excel Sheet Names and Excel Reader, the sheet name only in the Excel Reader. If that is not the problem, you can send me the workflow and I try it!
Kind regards
Alexander

No problem,

PFA the attached workflow

Hi,
it seems like in the workflow the Read Excel Sheet Names (XLS) node is not configured to use the flow variable with the file URL. I don’t have the files to try it, but maybe that already solves the problem.
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi Alexander

I have done that and it worked, thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.