Amazon S3 Connector throws ExecutionException (NoSuchMethodError)

Hi all,

I’m trying to access some files from our S3 but I can’t get the new Amazon S3 Connector node to work on my machine. It fails with the following error response:

Execute failed: ‘void org.knime.filehandling.core.connections.base.BaseFileSystem.(org.knime.filehandling.core.connections.base.BaseFileSystemProvider, java.net.URI, long, java.lang.String, org.knime.filehandling.core.connections.FSLocationSpec)’

I double checked the credentials and the bucket name and everything is surely spelled right.

The Legacy S3 Connection Node and S3 File Picker Node work just fine and I’m able to browse the bucket and access all the files. However I need the newer nodes since the legacy ones won’t work on our KNIME Server.

After all on the KNIME Server I am able to use the Authentication and S3 Connector nodes without any errors but I have to develop the workflow on my machine first since I run in a lot more different errors otherwise.

ConnectorSettings

I’m running the version 4.4.1 and here is the log:

2021-10-22 14:28:06,392 : ERROR : AWT-EventQueue-0 :  : FileSelectionDialog : Amazon S3 Connector : 4:114 : ExecutionException while creating browser.
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'void org.knime.filehandling.core.connections.base.BaseFileSystem.<init>(org.knime.filehandling.core.connections.base.BaseFileSystemProvider, java.net.URI, long, java.lang.String, org.knime.filehandling.core.connections.FSLocationSpec)'
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(Unknown Source)
	at org.knime.filehandling.core.defaultnodesettings.fileselection.FileSelectionDialog$OpenBrowserSwingWorker.doneWithContext(FileSelectionDialog.java:392)
	at org.knime.core.util.SwingWorkerWithContext.done(SwingWorkerWithContext.java:163)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'void org.knime.filehandling.core.connections.base.BaseFileSystem.<init>(org.knime.filehandling.core.connections.base.BaseFileSystemProvider, java.net.URI, long, java.lang.String, org.knime.filehandling.core.connections.FSLocationSpec)'
	at org.knime.cloud.aws.filehandling.s3.fs.S3FileSystem.<init>(S3FileSystem.java:98)
	at org.knime.cloud.aws.filehandling.s3.fs.S3FSConnection.<init>(S3FSConnection.java:97)
	at org.knime.cloud.aws.filehandling.s3.node.S3ConnectorNodeDialog.createFSConnection(S3ConnectorNodeDialog.java:261)
	at org.knime.filehandling.core.defaultnodesettings.fileselection.FileSelectionDialog$OpenBrowserSwingWorker.doInBackgroundWithContext(FileSelectionDialog.java:384)
	at org.knime.filehandling.core.defaultnodesettings.fileselection.FileSelectionDialog$OpenBrowserSwingWorker.doInBackgroundWithContext(FileSelectionDialog.java:1)
	at org.knime.core.util.SwingWorkerWithContext.doInBackground(SwingWorkerWithContext.java:106)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any idea what causes the error and how to resolve this?

HI @Henski and welcome to the KNIME community!

Sounds like something went wrong on the last update and the file handling and cloud plugin version do not match. Can you check what versions are installed? You can find them via Help → About KNIME Analytics Platform → Installation Details (button bottom left) → plugins tab → enter filehandling in the searchbox and post a screenshot here.

Another helpful thing would be to open the knime.ini in a simple text editor, add -clean in the first line and restart KNIME. (Be sure to remove it afterward as it makes the startup time longer)

Cheers
Sascha

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.