Any plans to support PlaidML as a Keras backend?

I use Knime to build deep learning models and and very happy with the functionality and ease of use. I run Knime on my MacBook Pro with 32 GB RAM. While the CPU performance is acceptable for many of the deep learning models that I have built, I would like to create some CNN models where support for the Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB on my Mac should help with performance. PlaidML has support for OpenCL and Apple Metal. I am wondering if you have any plans to integrate PlaidML as a backend in your Keras integration? This would allow Mav users to take advantage of their additional GPU.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello @JeffDeLong,

thank you for your feedback :slight_smile: We are happy to hear that the Keras integration works well for you.
Regarding your question: We were not aware of PlaidML so far and we will look into it, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. However, since this is new to us, it’s unlikely that we will be able to squeeze it in in the near future.
Anyway, KNIME is an open platform, so if you (or anyone else) wants to take up the challenge of adding this backend, we are more then happy to help.

Best regards,

Adrian

1 Like