I have a couple of workflows that use Indexing and Searching extension - Table Indexer and Index Query.
Since upgrading Knime to 4.5, I get these errors on workflow load:
ERROR Table Indexer 0:608 Problems during initialization of Lucene type (with id 'org.knime.ext.lucene.core.type.optional.LuceneDocumentType'.): Plug-in "org.knime.ext.lucene" was unable to instantiate class "org.knime.ext.lucene.core.type.optional.LuceneDocumentType".
ERROR Table Indexer 0:608 Problems during initialization of Lucene type (with id 'org.knime.ext.lucene.core.type.optional.LuceneNetworkType'.): Plug-in "org.knime.ext.lucene" was unable to instantiate class "org.knime.ext.lucene.core.type.optional.LuceneNetworkType".
The Indexing and searching functionality seems to be working fine, though. So is this an issue?
thanks for reporting this! I can reproduce this behavior and will pass it on to our developers.
This seems to occur on the first node configuration (Index Reader or Table Indexer) after a program start.
I currently don’t notice any issues using the nodes, but will keep you posted with any findings on our side.
do you happen to know from which version you updated? May be helpful for further investigations.
I just checked version 4.4.2 and am running into the same console output.
Not sure, I think it was 4.3. But it also wanted to install extensions anew after the upgrade [upon opening workflows], so I wonder what artefacts can be remaining there.
Ah that makes sense; thanks for the quick update. With version 4.4 we changed quite a lot behind the scenes (in particular a newer Java version), which required a fresh installation, i.e. also reinstalling all plugins. We didn’t really put up a big warning there, but I hope the new features and improvements can make up for the inconvenience.
I have now also created a ticket for the developers to further investigate the error at hand (internal reference: AP-18507).
You know, it is actually a bit deeper than that.
I currently have two PCs available, one has Knime upgraded from 4.3 to 4.5.0, other has 4.5.0 installed on fresh system, and both are showing those errors.
Errors are shown on opening a workflow that was developed previously. Tried also creating new workflow with both nodes (Indexer and Query) added from gallery, but still same.