Append Predicted Column in CART model

Hello, I am doing a Cart tree and I wonder if there is a way to append the predicted column that appears in the "Decision Tree Predictor" node to the whole base or data before doing the partition. 

I want to know because I think that I spend a lot of time applying and formulating the terminal nodes rules in Excel in order to find the predicted bin.  

Best Regards

I am not quite sure I understand the question.  Would it be possible for you to share an example workflow demonstrating what you are trying to accomplish?

Regards,

Aaron

Hi Aaron please find attached the example workflow

Regards

If I understand correctly, you can simply re-use the model output port with a new predictor node to evaluate all of your data with the model.  It is also possible to write the decision tree itself into a file and re-use it in another application, or even just a different workflow.  Attached you will find some examples of this. 

I would caution you though to be careful when using a model on the same data that you used to build it.  The fit may be better than you can expect in production as the model could be over-fit to the training data (if it is not a general solution). If evaulating the quality of your model is your concern at this point, I would look to cross validation.  This will let you re-run your model building process several times with the same settings to get a better idea for the stability of your model.  An example of this is also included. 

Regards,

Aaron

Thank you Aaron

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.