Append values from a column to a string

Hi all,

I am brand new to Knime. I am impressed with all the things I was able to figure out using this community, but I was not able to figure this one out.

I have a workflow that gets a CSV, reorganizes the data, does some data cleansing and saves the results as a CSV.
I am also getting the results and creating a json and posting all rows to an API.
At the end of the process, I want to send an email with a random sample of the items posted in the body of the email.
I created a table using the node “Row Sampling” and it looks like this:
PostCode

I created a variable called EMAILBODY and my goal is to loop through the table above and append each of these codes to the EMAILBODY variable along with some details about the posted indormation (number of records posted, time the posting started and ended, etc). Once I have all this information appended into the variable, I will use that as the body of the email.

How can I do that?

To combine PostCode in one string you can use Group by node with Concatenate aggregation. Also, set a Value separator. To see PostCodes as a column use \n as Value separator.
To combine string use join() function in String Manipulation node.

2 Likes

Thank you! That worked!
I will now figure out how to get the post start and end time from the POST Request node and combine everything.

1 Like