Asset utilization per day - multiple assets with hourly activity avaliable

Hi Knimers,
I have a report that has asset names in the rows and binary values in the columns for utilization per hour. Each column header is a date and time string, e.g. “2/20/2011 22:00”.

I am trying to derive a report that can give me daily utilization % of each of these assets for a 3 month period. Would appreciate any help. Tried using “ExtractTimeDate” function but it seems only good for a single asset utilization. Look forward to your suggestions/recommendations.

Hi @akashmittalin,

not quite sure if i understand your table structure.
Could you give an example of what your data looks like and what you would expect?

2 Likes

I have attached a snapshot of sample data and desired output.

Hi @akashmittalin,

attached an example workflow.
I guess it could be done more refined - but it works :slight_smile:
Basically I go a few transposes to remove the time from the timestamp + do the group by.
Afterwards I rearrange the sums to the original table.

Input:

Output:
grafik

KNIME_project3.knwf (23.8 KB)

1 Like

@AnotherFraudUser This is very helpful. Thank you.

I want to further visualize this data using KNIME or a pivot. To use a pivot, I will need to have 31 rows for each Asset (assuming a month’s data). Hence, ideally my table should look something like

Any recommendations on how that could be done using the above output you have specified. I tried transposing the data but in either way, the column headers will not become filters while pivoting it out. Below is the type of pivot I would like to create from this data. Even better if there is a way to visualize as well, using KNIME.

Hi @akashmittalin,

I guess the question is already answered - right?

Yes it has been. Just playing around and trying to find ways to visualize this data using KNIME. Any recommendations?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.