Authenticating to IIS Web Servers with HTTP Retriever Nodes (401 error)

I am trying to use the Webpage Retriever node to extract a page from an internal IIS server. From a browser, access to the site is authenticated automatically. I have been unable to authenticate using the Webpage Retriever node using basic, digest, and NTLM (Labs) methods. I have enabled the Kerberos config in KNIME Desktop and have an active ticket. However, it does not seem the nodes leverage Kerberos as I still get 401 errors. Looking for suggestions on next steps I can take to resolve.

Thanks,
Sean

Hi Sean,

we do not support Kerberos with the HTTP Retriever, and currently have no plans on doing so.

Best regards,
Philipp

Thanks Phillip. I understand. Are there other ways of using the HTTP Retriever to access IIS servers using native Windows authentication. This is a pretty common scenario in many enterprises.

Thanks,
Sean

Hi Sean,

admittedly I lack the background knowledge about MS products. Are there any other authentication mechanisms supported? Do you have some technical documents or examples which you could share here to see?

Best regards,
Philipp

Hello bennsarrow,
did you find a way to solve this for your use case.
I would be interested how you got it working
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.