Backwards string compatibility?

Hi,

We have been having many issues with strings since Knime 3.7 upgrade (currently using 3.7.1). Have not known the source of this thus far but we just noticed that it is likely caused by tables created by older versions. When we bring in string columns with joiners from tables created by 3.6 Knime versions we get erroneous handlings. Reference row filters, splitters do not recognize the string to be the same data type as string coming from the new version, missing values node does not correct strings that come from older versions etc.
Could not find a previous entry in the blog on this if this has been noted before could you please point me to the link?
thank you, Greg

Hi Greg!

Sry for inconvenience. These created tables with 3.6 version are stored somewhere and then read into 3.7.x workflows? Is there a possibility for you to share a workflow with us to check it?

Br,
Ivan

Yes, saved as .table from earlier version then read into 3.7.1 as a table. strings not recognized. We see this with all tables.

I created a small example workflow that I can send you in private if you share an email address, I cannot upload it here because there is a nonpublic data table in there

Greg.

Hi Greg!

You can send me the workflow in replay to a message I have just send you here on forum.

Br,
Ivan

Isn’t that doing to be downloadable by all viewers?

Hi!

Not the message in this topic. Private message to your inbox.

Br,
Ivan

I am sorry but I do not know how to send a private message via this forum. Can you elaborate?