bing search vs websearch

Hi,

Currently I would like to use bing web results only search api instead of standard search api but in palladian websearch node uses always ..../search/v1/.... URL not ..../websearch/v1/....

Could it be a choice somewhere in the preferences menu to chose between?

Another topic: how many search transaction palladian execute to build a result table? I suppose one string search in one websearch engine is one transatcion but the amount of available transactions seems to burn faster in google search api and bing search api as well.

Thanks a lot,

All the best,

L

Hi,

I was not aware that there are different service URLs for Bing. Just to make sure, that I understand this correctly: You want to use the "Bing Search API – Web Results Only" API instead of the "full featured" version. Right?

Concerning the number of requests:
Of course we try to keep the number of requests as little as possible. But the services usually have maximum fetch size per request (Google for example is very restrictive and only gives 8 results per request). So the number of actual requests depends on the # of search results you request. For example, you have a table with 10 queries, want 25 results per query, that would make up for 40 requests when searching with Google.

Hope that helps,
P.

Hi,

Yes, that is exactly I want to use  "Bing Search API – Web Results Only"  since I only interested textual results.

Concerning your second answer, OK, I see why my 10000 transacions burn so fast... I really thought one transaction is one full set of result.

Thanks,

L

Hi,

I'll add the "Web Results Only" version in a update following soon.

Best,
P.

... tonight's build will contain the WRO version. I did not have time to do extensive testing, so please let me know, if it works.

Best,
Philipp

Philipp,

Just an additional related question: as far as I see the bing JSON result contains the number of hits.

It would be nice if I could get only this number (number of hits) not the result set in palladian web search node. I mean the real number of hits, not the number of hits limited by palladian node result limit. Anyway, the limit is maximized to be 1000 in web search node?

Is it possible?

Thanks,

L

Currently it is not supported, but I can add this feature in a future release.

Philipp

Thanks in advance, it would be really great and useful for me!

All the best,

L

Hi,

the following nightly build will support this. Tick the option "Append total result count column" in the node's settings.

Best,
Philipp

Philipp,

Thanks a lot! It works perfectly, I have just tested with bing.

All the best,

Laszlo

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.