BIRT unable to link to workflow

All,

I have been trying to use BIRT on KNIME 2.8, and to that end have set up a simple workflow that has only one "Image to Report" node.

However, when I set up a new report using the workflow as the parent workflow, I get the following error:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
Unable to create resource URLImageDescriptor(platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.template.ui/icons/newodaui_wiz.gif)

and I am not able to add any images to the report. There are about 5 such messages all about the inability to create new GIF files.

Can someone tell me what is going wrong?

Ok, so I guess this is the case of a missing dependency in Eclipse Data Tools: org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.template.ui

When I go to the EDT site, they say this:

Note: the plugin org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.template.ui has been excluded from this release, as it has dependencies on more plugins than needed; This plugin is not needed for end-users, only for plugin developers, and should not be needed for most users.

Well, apparently I do need it. Any ideas how I get that plugin?

Have you installed the KNIME Reporting extension?  It is part of the core 2.x update site. 

Aaron

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.