Bug in comment parsing in Rule Engine node

In the node description for the Rule Engine node, it states “The comments start with // in a line, and anything after that is not interpreted as a rule in that line.”

However, when I try to add a comment at the end of a line to indicate what that rule is for, e.g:

$Some Column$ = "Foo" => "Bah" // Convert 'Foo' to 'Bah'

the syntax highlighter underlines the comment, with the mouseover text “Garbage at end of rule detected”, which seems not to be in accord with the node description, which looks like a (relatively minor) bug.

Steve

“Each rule is represented by a line. The comments start with // in a line, and anything after that is not interpreted as a rule in that line.”

I think it is just word not accurately, it could be word as:
“Each line is a rule. The comments starts a line with ‘//’, those lines are not interpreted as a rule.”

Hi there!

The description could be better. Tnx for pointing this out and tnx for a suggestion. I will get back to you.

Br,
Ivan

Hi there!

this has been reported and hopefully there will be no more confusion.

Br,
Ivan

Hi there!

Just to come back on this one with information that descriptions regarding all rule nodes in new 4.0 version are now improved :wink:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.