BUG in Credentials Node?

Hi,

I just tried for several hours to make use of the option to pass the credentials of the logged in user (tested as admin) in the webportal to the REST GET node. If I enter the credentials manually then it works right away on two servers (4.7.3 and 4.8.1), but if I check the great option to use the webportal-credentials it fails with the info:
Execute failed: Wrong status: 401 Unauthorized

It looks to me that this option does not work at all and I can’t figure out why. Can you confirm that or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot!
Lars

0 Likes

After several more hours I can close my own ticket.

The problem is that the node seems to work on the server only if set up as interaction with the user., even if there is no interaction wanted. So at least it has to be an active Wrapped node which is shown in the Webportal als empty page. There is no way to use the node without any interaction as normal for other input nodes.

Knowing these constraints there are workarounds possible. But you can not for example create a workflow which only shows a Birt report after pressing start, created for the specific user.

1 Like

Hi Lars,

Thanks for posting your workaround already :wink: This doesn’t sound like it’s the intended behavior, so I’ll open a ticket for this.

Cheers,
Roland

1 Like

Hi Roland,

just to clarify, the node can be used without any interaction if the credentials are hardcoded in the node. My use case is to use the node in a workflow to receive the Credentials of the user in the webportal without user interaction (the need of a shown webportal page.

HTH,
Lars

1 Like

Hi Lars,

Yes, that’s the way I understood your request. For this to work, the Credentials Input should be able to receive the server credentials without the need to be in a wrapped metanode. I have opened the ticket just now and I’ll keep you posted on the progress :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Roland

1 Like

Great! Thanks a lot!

Best,
Lars

0 Likes

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes